With Duke football sitting at 4-1 and off to its best start since the 1994 campaign—the last time the Blue Devils reached a bowl game—they are set to take on Virginia Saturday afternoon at Wallace Wade Stadium.
For a video preview with predictions, injury updates and more articles on the game, make sure to visit our Duke-Virginia football event page.
Here is everything else you need to know in the world of Duke sports for the upcoming weekend:
- Austin Nichols, the No. 11 recruit in the nation according to ESPN.com, is making his official visit to campus this weekend. This is an especially important visit for the Duke basketball staff, as the forward appears to be a top target for the Blue Devils after the top forward in the Class of 2013, Julius Randle, recently cut Duke from his list.
- After Laura Weinberg lifted Duke women’s soccer past Virginia Tech in overtime Thursday, the Blue Devils will return to action Sunday at Koskinen Stadium against Boston College.
- The Duke men’s soccer squad will take on N.C. State Friday night on the road, looking to snap a three-match winless streak.
- The field hockey team will travel to College Park to face the reigning national champion Maryland Terrapins.
- In a meet with only colleges from North Carolina, Duke’s swimming team will begin its season at the venue that will also host the 2013 and 2014 ACC championships.
- Winless in the ACC, the Duke volleyball team finally returns to Cameron Indoor Stadium for a pair of conference matches against Maryland and Boston College.
For updates all weekend, make sure to follow @chroniclesports on Twitter.