Now at 5-1, the Duke football team is within its first bowl berth since the 1994 season. The Blue Devils have a chance to clinch that Saturday in Blacksburg as they take on the Hokies.
For a video preview with predictions, injury updates and more articles on the game, make sure to visit our Duke-Virginia Tech football game page.
Here is everything else you need to know in the world of Duke sports for the upcoming weekend:
- Duke basketball begins practice tonight. There is a press conference this afternoon with coaches and players—make sure to follow @dukebasketball for live updates and check back here for quotes from head coach Mike Krzyzewski and players. The team will also practice at Fort Bragg in front of military personel on Monday. We will be at the base providing updates.
- The Duke men’s soccer squad will host No. 1 Maryland Friday night. The Terrapins have yet to lose a game this season.
- Three Duke men’s tennis players will compete at the Wake Forest Fall Invitational this weekend, including junior Fred Saba.
- The Duke cross country squad is headed to three different venues for the weekend, including the course that will host this year’s NCAA championships.
- Looking to keep its NCAA tournament hopes alive, the Duke field hockey squad will travel to take on James Madison and No. 8 Old Dominion this weekend.
- Continuing home ACC play, the Duke volleyball team will host Clemson and Georgia Tech this weekend.
- After beating N.C. State Thursday, the No. 5 Duke women’s soccer team will host No. 12 Wake Forest Sunday.