For the second straight week, Duke football lost by at least 30 points as the Blue Devils were mauled 56-20 at Wallace Wade Stadium Saturday by the Clemson Tigers.
Make sure to read that article in this week’s edition of Sportswrap, The Chronicle’s Monday sports supplement, and these stories that catch you up on everything you need to know from this weekend of Duke sports:
- With the big losses to No. 8 Florida State and No. 10 Clemson, the Duke football is learning that there is still a big class divide in the ACC.
- Duke women’s basketball routed Queens 118-27 in the Blue Devils’ final exhibition of the year.
- Duke men’s soccer earned a 2-0 shutout in their final regular season game of the year.
- The Duke volleyball team played two five-set thrillers, eking out a comeback win against Boston College but falling to Maryland.
- The Duke wrestling went to the Hokie Open and surprised with their success.
- The Duke men’s cross country squad earned first place, with senior Joseph Elsakr placing second individually in his final career cross country race. On the women’s side, senior Cydney Ross earned first in her last cross country race.
- Duke swimming hosted N.C. State and Miami, with Christine Wixted among those shining for the Blue Devils.