The Duke women’s soccer team advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament Saturday with a 6-0 rout of Loyola Maryland. Kaitlyn Kerr led the charge with a hat trick.
Make sure to read that article in these other ones in Sportswrap, The Chronicle’s weekly sports supplement that comes out every Monday:
- The Duke basketball team won its season opener 74-55 against Georgia State, overcoming their opponents’ unconventional defensive tactics.
- Still, after the win, Duke’s rotation remains a work in progress.
- The Duke men’s cross country chased down an at-large bid to the NCAA Championships.
- The women, meanwhile, automatically qualified.
- The Duke volleyball team couldn’t finish its comeback in their final home game of the year.
- Hannah Mar was bounced by the eventual runner up in the USTA/ITA National Indoor Championship in the round of eight.
- A third-place finish by Conner Hartmann paced the Duke wrestling team at the Michigan State Open.