For the second straight week, Sportswrap—The Chronicle’s Monday sports supplement—features the Duke women’s soccer team, which has made it to the NCAA Tournament’s round of eight after two weekend wins, with Kim DeCesare scoring two goals in each.
Check out the rest of the Duke sports action that you should make sure not to miss:
- Duke basketball moved to 3-0 on the season, beating Florida Gulf Coast 88-67, keyed by a 30-0 run.
- The biggest lesson from Duke’s win? Mason Plumlee is becoming the focal point of the offense.
- Duke football fell out of contention for the ACC Coastal crown, losing 42-24 to Georgia Tech on the road.
- One big play, from one big man, could have been the key for Georgia Tech in the win.
- Amid speculation that he could draw interest from other programs, Duke football head coach David Cutcliffe affirmed he’s sticking in Durham.
- Defensive back Lee Butler saw his Duke career end with a knee injury against the Yellow Jackets.
- Conner Vernon broke the ACC’s all-time receiving yards record against Georgia Tech.
- The Duke women’s basketball team won its two weekend contests by a combined 108 points.
- The Duke women’s cross country squad earned 7th place at the NCAA Championships, led by Kelsey Lakowske.
- Ali McCurdy broke Duke volleyball’s single-season digs record in the team’s loss to Clemson.