Coming off a brutal 90-63 drubbing at the hands of Miami, Duke basketball needed somebody to step up against Maryland.
Rasheed Sulaimon answered that call, scoring a career-high 25 points in the team’s win against the Terrapins.
That article and these others can be found in this week’s “HOLY ‘SHEED” Sportswrap, The Chronicle’s weekly sports supplement that comes out on Mondays:
- Duke turned the ball over just four times in the win against Maryland, a season-low tally that shows how the Blue Devils have taken expert care of the ball this season.
- Duke football wide receiver Conner Vernon is looking to be the first Blue Devil taken in the NFL Draft since 2004 and took his talents to the Senior Bowl, where he caught four passes for 36 yards.
- Duke women’s basketball continued its domination in ACC play as five double-digit scorers guided the team past Boston College 80-56.
- The Duke men’s tennis team swept both of its weekend contests and advanced to the National Team Indoor Tournament in Seattle.
- The Duke women’s tennis also cruised and advanced to the National Team Indoor Tournament.
- Despite some strong individual performances, the Duke swimming and diving team fell to North Carolina on the road.
- Duke wrestling had never beaten Boston University, but that changed Saturday as four Blue Devils pinned their opponents.